Wednesday, March 14, 2007

More surprises from 2006


For those of you who don't already know, I am 20 weeks pregnant this week!
I became pregnant roughly 3 weeks after our wedding last October. As my father said, "Well, you sure didn't waste any time!" (Like his daughter, he is not one to mince his words). Who knew it would be so easy? I know several other women who took months, sometimes years to conceive, and I pretty much thought since I am going on 37 this year it might take me a little while as well. We are both really excited and terrified at the same time, and it is becoming more and more real every week. At first it took a while to sink in and I was trying to be as casual as possible about it for the first 3 months in case of a miscarriage. We had an amnio a few weeks ago and luckily everything is normal, and chose to not find out the gender.

It is still up in the air right now as to when I will resign from my job. Fortunately I have had an incredibly easy pregnancy so far, but I'm kind of "done" with my current social work position, to be quite honest. It is not really the job I want to be doing and I really need the time to study for my social work licensing exam this spring.

More pictures to come as things progress!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beeeeutiful Belly!!!

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! i want to rub the belly and tell him/her secrets...like "your mom and dad are some of my favorite people" -- oh wait, that's no secret.

michele, please have paul draw a face on the belly. take a photo of the big round canvas!!

love you!
melissa