Friday, March 28, 2008

Damn Those Playgroups!

No more than three weeks elapse and we get another round of colds! The last one lingered for 3 weeks, but I think this one isn't going to be as bad. August got the worst of it and has been feverish and coughing for 3 days. For some idiotic reason I keep choosing to wear dark colors this week, which makes it easy to see the snot smeared all over me that spouts from his nose. I had to escape the house yesterday after being cooped up for 2 days and Paul said, "You can't go out with that shirt on, it's covered in snot!" At least someone around here is thinking clearly.

We are planning our next big trips and are thinking about Sri Lanka. How do babies take anti-malarials? In a liquid form?

This fall we are going to Florida for my niece's Bat Mitzvah and we and thinking of going to see some friends in Brazil afterwards. Another 9-10 hour flight (direct from Miami), yikes. We might chicken out and go to the Caribbean instead, we'll see how it works out expense-wise since August is going to need his own seat this time (unlike the flight to Ireland). Paul and I have a bunch of frequent flier miles so hopefully it won't be too bad.

We've had some requests for more August movies. He does this funny thing where he scrunches up his nose and breathes rapidly in and out of it--we call it "Mr. Huff and Puff", although it is tough to catch on video. He just stares glassy-eyed into the camera most of the time.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Wow are you brave taking a long flight. I would rather have my an ingrown toenail removed then fly more than three hours with my brood. ANyway I tagged you for some meme thing. Its a blogg game. I thought it might be fun or you might hate me and block all my comments from now on. Anyway go to my blog and it will tell you how to play.