Monday, July 21, 2008

First Family Camping Trip

Paul took off a few days from work so we could finally get around to doing some much needed camping! It has been way too long and we figured, why not give it a try? So we loaded up the Vanagon and headed south to the Willamette Valley and camped out at Salmon Creek Falls. 3 hours in the car is just about all August can take without completely freaking out, so luckily that was about how long it took to get there.


It was really an incredibly beautiful spot! The water was crystal clear--you could see all the way to the bottom of the creek, which was pretty deep in some spots.




August became filthy so quickly that I had to keep suppressing that mother instinct of wanting to clean his hands and face constantly. I found it funny at first, thinking back to when he was a newborn and making sure everything was so clean all the time. It was the dirtiest we have ever seen him.



We got to try out our new Sherpani carrier--it rocks! August even let us keep him in it for at least 30 minutes, which is a record for him.


Somehow I was able to convince Paul to jump into the freezing cold water. Luckily it was pretty hot that day or else it would have not been as, ahh, refreshing?

Yes that is me in my saggy, baggy underwear. Stop laughing.


2 comments:

CampingSpots said...

I'm so jealous! We're Oregonians stuck in Silicon Valley (grrrr). We did recently get to spend a few days at Alsea Falls, though.

Roy

Suzie said...

I would love to go camping but I am scared S will eat everything like rocks. MAybe when they get a little older. it looked like a great trip. I miss our camping trips so much!