Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fun with Pillows




Melissa keeps bugging me for some goofy photos of a smiley face drawn on my belly so i'll have to get Paul to draw some up with the washable markers I just bought. But for now here are some weekly updates. As of last week I have gained 20lbs.

I think at this point there are seven pillows that I have been interchanging throughout the night to find comfort. I am not going to purchase any more, though I have to say this Snoogle pillow sure looks comfy. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I have no interest in wrassling with an alligator at night when I want to switch sides and have to lug that thing around under the covers. Dealing with the heavy Tempur-Pedic body pillow is already a pain in the ass as it is.

But I have to say so far that is really my only complaint at this point--dealing with the pillow swapping routine during the night so I don't wake up with the middle of my back feeling tight and uncomfortable all day.

Paul and I finally went on a tour of the labor and delivery ward at OHSU this evening and got a chance to see the waterbirth tub we will be using! It is larger than I thought and quite deep. It was a bit strange to see it and be standing in the room where it will all be taking place in a few months. Hopefully no one else will be signed up for a waterbirth the same time we are there or else I'll have to arm wrestle the other woman for it.

1 comment:

Paticus said...

Great Pics. Can't wait for the smiley face.
just yesterday I was saying to myself that I should e-mail you to see how you were doing.
Now I have my answer.
Glad things are going well, except for the uncomfortable sleeping. I remember that being a nigtmare(Ha- ha) for Jen as well.