Sunday, May 20, 2007

Third Trimester




Roughly 10 weeks to go (plus or minus a few) and we still haven't done a damned thing in terms of purchasing any baby items, nor have we even started on clearing out Paul's office to make way for the nursery. Plenty of time, I keep telling myself as I continue to live in denial of things to come. Not like I don't want the final outcome to take place, but sometimes I feel like the time has gone by so incredibly fast that I still need a few more months to mentally prepare for it all. Maybe if I were having a rough pregnancy I'd feel differently about it, but so far it has been surprisingly easy. Yes, I will eat these words soon, I know.

I just visited JJ, Phil and baby Hobie in La Jolla last week and had a relaxing week taking walks on the beach and lounging around at their place. Luckily JJ and Phil had a massive pile of baby clothes to pick through so at least now we have something to bring the kid home in from the hospital!

As if we didn't already have enough on our plates, this Tuesday May 22nd we close on our new house! This wouldn't be such an ordeal if it were a move-in ready house, but if you know us, we need to add more excitement to the mix. The house is going to be gutted then completely remodeled over the course of a year or so. We aren't moving in until the remodeling is finished since there is asbestos and lead paint to deal with, in addition to all the dust and crap that will be floating around. We are really excited about this whole project and will of course post photos of the process.

No comments: